Monday, February 18, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4 ..... tell me that you love me more!

Once again, the Gribbin house was chaotic! Matt came down with the worst flu ever! He was so sick and we were all praying no one else would get it. Our Valentine's Day consisted of Matt coming out of the bedroom for a 1/2 hour to try and eat some dinner and back to bed. So Peyton and I just hung out. Saturday we stayed in our PJ's all day - it really was the best! I don't even think I combed my hair - haha! We had grilled cheese and tomato soup (which is a new fav of P - she slurps it all up!). Sunday we relaxed as well. Matt and Peyton were in the basement and as Peyton is walking up the stairs, I heard her counting. She is really good at counting to 5, but she went all the way up to 10! We are really good at teaching Peyton manners and it is really paying off. This weekend- Matt sneezes. Peyton: "Bless you Daddy" Matt: "Thank You" Peyton : "Your Welcome Daddy". She will get mad if she says Bless you or Thank You and you don't respond. It is so cute! At the food store Sunday they had the ready made cookies with bunnies on them. Peyton insisted on baking them in her own oven. After a little fight - I gave in. She put two unbaked cookies in her little oven (after licking them of course!) and kept checking if they were baking. We sat down for dinner and I snuck two baked cookies in the pan. After dinner she went to check to see if her cookies baked - and they did. She was so excited and surprised! She came over to us and said "I baked these bunnies". God only knows what she will try to "bake" in there now!

1 comment:

nana said...

So glad to hear Matt is finally feeling better.
I want to see pictures of the cookies!! That little P is just too cute for words..
xoxoxo