Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday P!!!

Can you really believe it? My baby girl is 2! It feels like just yesterday that Matt and I were up all night rocking, changing and feeding our little baby! Now we are always running to the potty, running after her in stores and laughing at everything that comes out of her little mouth! She is simply the best – there is no other way to describe her! She just brightens up every room and melts your heart. We took her to her 2 year check up and her Dr was so impressed with her. Peyton thanked her every time she did something – haha! She told us she is advanced and we hope she continues to thrive the way she is.
After her Birthday Party, I was putting her to bed and she said “Love you Mommy” and thanked me for her party. After the tears dried up I was reminded of why we struggle and work so hard. In those big brown eyes – she made it all OK! I realized that I may not be Mommy of the year to anyone else – but to her I am, as is Matt Daddy of the year. And that is all that matters. We do what we do for her and at the end of every day – she is happy. Then I know we are doing a good job. Being a parent is the hardest job – but it is the most rewarding job. I am so proud of my little, big girl

1 comment:

nana said...

Happy Birthday Peyton!!!!
You are the most beautiful 2 year old ever!!!
Of course you are smart and funny and cute and wonderful and polite, you have the best parents on earth, they love you soooo much.
You make me smile, and I love you too!!!
Nana
xoxoxox