Thursday, January 3, 2008

Always Blessings....Never Losses

Today Nana G passed away and we are so sad. Nana was such an amazing person. Not many people you can love from the moment you meet them, but you instantly loved Nana. She was always so kind, witty, sharp, funny and most of all sincere. She never wanted the spotlight and was always content just being surrounded by loved ones. I am crying while writing this because actually typing it makes me realize she is no longer with us. I always admired her strength. She had been through so much, yet she never let on if things were tough. I always loved the talks we had and the honesty she had. We will miss her Old Navy colored flip flops, her plaid shirts, her matching purses, her Ruby car and her slick jokes. Most of all we will miss her smile in the room. All I can hope is that she knows how much we all love her and how she has touched everyone she met. I thank God that she was able to know my daughter and love her, as Peyton loves her. I only wish she knew how much she meant to me personally as I considered her my own Grandmother. I know she is with Nana and Nani and watching over all of us.

Nana - we love you and will miss you always! We cherish the memories and are better people for knowing you. You were truly a blessing in our lives, truly! Hugs and Kisses!!!!




3 comments:

Sue, Neal and Aidan said...

Rest in peace Nana.....you will be missed. xoxo

Patti said...

The unconditional love of a Grandmother can never be replaced or forgotten. Passing on what she taught you will keep her in your hearts everyday and she will always be watching Peyton grow and develop into the beautiful girl she came to know.

Sorry guys-

Patti xo

nana said...

Nana Gribbin was a wonderful womam. I was also blessed to have known her. She made me feel welcomed whenever i was in her company.

I am so thankful Peyton had you in her life.
You will be missed.

You are all in my heart and prayers...
Sue
xoxo